Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Brief Call for Feedback

I just wanted to take the opportunity to address the readers of this blog.  None of the contributors are under any delusion that this blog is reaching a vast audience.  I cannot speak for every contributor, but I know that my main motivation for doing these reviews is so that I will remember what the book was about and whether I enjoyed it.  I hope that while achieving this goal, I also reach a few readers here and there who either enjoy my review or are encouraged to read a book I recommend.  That being said, this is my call for feedback.

For the small audience we have, I would like to encourage you to comment and critique the reviews.  It's simple enough for me to read a book, briefly summarize it, decide what I liked and didn't like about it, and slap it up on this website.  But oftentimes I feel like I get in a descriptive rut, bogged down with verbal crutches and describing books in the same fashion.  I promise that I will make little progress in amending this, unless it is pointed out to me.  Let me know what would make a review more clear to you, or ask for more information about the book if you are interested.  And, above all, recommend books that you think we might enjoy.

While this book blog will never be featured on Oprah, or whoever is on daytime TV now, I would still like to produce reviews which are helpful to the readers of this blog.  Help me continue to improve upon my reviews.  And for the regular viewers of our blog, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment